First, it's important not to fall prey to the hysteria, but rather to boost your immune system. Viruses like this will cause more severe conditions in those with weakened immune systems like the elderly and those who ascribe to the standard American diet and lifestyle. Preparedness starts with knowledge, proper nutrition, fat-soluble and other vitamins, immune supporting supplements, optimal rest and stress mitigation.
COVID-19 is the disease caused by a novel coronavirus called SARS-COV-2.
Coronaviruses are not "new"; there are several types of coronavirus that cause common upper respiratory infections. These viruses tend to be most active in the cooler months. So, the good new is that it's anticipated that this disease will slow down in the warmer spring months.
Human coronaviruses typically attach to upper respiratory tissue. However, the ones that cause SARS, MERS and COVID-19 attach to lung tissue and cause pneumonia and other pulmonary diseases. To date, with COVID-19, children have fared better with stronger resistance and little or no symptoms. Most folks will experience mild symptoms with around 15% developing more severe pulmonary symptoms and a fatality estimate of around 3.5%. These percentages are estimates as there's no way to truly know how many people are infected and not diagnosed due to limited symptoms and testing.
That said, PREVENTION IS KEY. Here are our recommendations for remaining coronavirus free:
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow
- Greet with fist or elbow bumps, not a handshake
- Wash hands often with soap and water
- Keep your hands away from your face
- Stay home when sick
- Clean frequently touched surfaces
- Avoid processed food, especially refined sugar as this may suppress immune function and deplete the body of key vitamins and minerals
- Avoid artificial colors, sweeteners, additives, etc.
- Get outside for fresh air and sunshine. This is critical for the respiratory system and for building the body's Vitamin D levels
- Drink plenty of clean, filtered, structured water daily
- Eat pastured, organic animal fats and organ meats which are rich in fat soluble vitamins critical to healthy immune function
- Include homemade stocks and soups in your daily diet
- Incorporate fermented foods into your daily diet
- Move your body to support circulation, detoxification, and your respiratory system
Based on our understanding of viral infections, in general, and scientific reports about how this virus infects humans, here are some recommendations on how you may be able to best protect yourself from infection:
Immune System Support:
- Orthomolecular Viracid - This contains significant quantities of Vitamins A and C and loads of great immune supporting botanicals. OR
- Designs For Health Immunitone Plus - This herbal formula supports healthy immune system function with natural antiviral properties
- Designs For Health Vitamin D Complex - This contains a synergistic blend of all of the major fat soluble vitamins very important in supporting the immune system and fighting infection. OR
- Apex Energetics ADEK-Pro - (same as above)
- Designs For Health Monolaurin-Avail - Monolaurin is a potent virucidal and bactericidal agent with efficacy across an impressive array of viruses
- Integrative Therapeutics N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) - NAC is the precursor to glutathione, a very important antioxidant and detoxifier. It has also been shown to relieve symptoms of respiratory conditions by reducing inflammation in bronchial tubes and lung tissue. OR
- Orthomolecular N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) - (same as above)
It would be a good idea to stock these in your home for immediate access whenever needed.
All these supplements are available through our on-line dispensary, Fullscript. To place an order, visit:
Simply enter your email address to register and order.
We hope this information is useful. Please feel free to share with family and friends in an effort to keep everyone safe and healthy.
And, should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-512-1468.